Citizens, Equality, Rights and Values programme
CERV programme aims to protect and promote rights and values as enshrined in the EU in particular by supporting civil society organisations active at local, regional, national and transnational level.
The beginning of a new project: DisinformACTION! – CERV-2022-CITIZENS-CIV
DisinformACTION! – Counter Climate Change Disinformation through youth E-participation is a 24-month project implemented by a consortium of 4 organizations (GEYC – Romania, EuroMuévete – Spain, RESOPA – France, and MiHi – Latvia) with the general objective of fostering the ability of young people to identify online climate change disinformation and misinformation, while at the same time encouraging them to become active citizens in their local communities when it comes to issues related to climate and environment.
The specific objectives are:
- Increase the media literacy skills of 480 students through the Climate Change Ambassadors program, helping them identify climate change disinformation and misinformation;
- Empower 480 students with the right democratic approaches and digital tools to increase and facilitate their participation in democratic life through 6 workshops in each country;
- Train 60 teachers to provide them with tools and methods to use during the further implementation of the Climate Change Ambassadors;
- Foster cross-border cooperation and exchange of experience and good practices between the partner organizations over the course of the 24-month project, laying the ground for future cooperation.
The objectives will be achieved through the following activities:
- developing the Climate Change Ambassadors Methodology, which, through non formal education methods, will tackle subjects such as critical thinking, media literacy, digital tools for e-participation, climate change disinformation, effective online communication;
- empowering 480 students directly with media literacy and e-participation skills through school workshops;
- training 60 teachers to implement the methodology, reaching indirectly 800 more students;
- facilitating the exchange of good practices between the teachers and improving the methodology;
- communication and dissemination activities.
For the long term, through this project, we are looking at a change of behaviour —from observers and isolated individuals to active citizens.